Re: Essential loop recordings

Kevin Holm-Hudson wrote:

>Is there room on this list for looping not supported by technology? I'm
>thinking for example of Erik Satie's _Vexations_ (a slow piano phrase
>repeated 840 times--taking some 17 hours; I participated in a group
>performance of this in the early 80s) and Terry Riley's seminal _In C_,
>which certainly involves looping although manually played.

Shure! I think the crystalization point is not technology, but
REPETITIVE HAPPENINGS
How we do them and what they do to us -
including consideration of what goes on in the brain and such.

I proposed that LOOP GROOP in the first LOOP delay folder, but I did not
know about the Internet then, and it took Kim to do it...

>Glad to see this list is up and running so quickly!

Its absolutely amazing

Matthias