Re: multiple loops

Thank you Chris, for your description! I can kind of imagine the sound now,
but we  want to really hear it...

>The quad setup is just icing, really....doing away with the linear signal
>flow is the important thing.  I can effect the loops & loop the effects,
>indefintely.  Is the looping device an instrument or an effect?  Is
>looping
>a recording or a performance?  It seems to me that the boundaries are
>dissolving........

This is a difficult question for all of us, and important when we explain
what we use to play a whole orchestra live, in nearly real time (or for the
manufacturers and stores: to explain it to customers).

It is similar to an effect only in its mechanic and electronic structure.
The musical function has nothing of an effect, since it does not alter
sound.
I call it a RAM recorder, too. Spontaneous sound memory. Sound mirror.
But none of the expressions so far is explaining what it does to whom does
not know it.
Any suggestions?