Re: Plex Pricing

At 07:16 PM 9/25/96 -0700, you wrote:
>On Wed, 25 Sep 1996, Louis Collier Hyams wrote:
>
>> what's the word on waiting for the new software before plex purchase?
>
>My word would be that you're in for a long wait.  The "official" word, of
>course, is that release of the See You EW! (CU-EU) is right around the
>corner, barring some "technical complications."  But given some of the
>problems I've heard people have had with Oberheim, I wouldn't be
>surprised if the See You EW! never sees the light of day.
>
>I hope this is more a nihilistic worst-case scenario than an accurate
>prognostication, but to me there are many reasons to assume that the
>current non-upgrade version of the Plex is the only one we'll know,
>glitches and all.
>
>Keep your fingers crossed to the contrary, though...
>
>--Andre

god, I hope not!  Matthias and I are going to try to resolve these problems
over the next few months. We'll see how it goes. I remain optimistic that
somehow or another, there will be an upgrade. When that happens it will be
called "The Upgrade Previously Known As the Legendary Currently Unavailable
Echoplex Upgrade." (TUPKAL CU-EU?)

kim
Kim Flint
OEM Engineering