Re: PERSONAL PROFILES: A couple of other points

At 02:28 PM 9/29/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello again loopists:

                Andre  sorry about the multiple profoles - I'll get this
        right yet.

>*LOOPERS DELIGHT PROFILE FORM*
>
>(Fill in the information below and return it to
>altruist@shoko.calarts.edu
>for inclusion on the Looper's Delight Web Site.)
>
>NAME        Joe Cavaleri

>AGE         44

>ADDRESS     Simi Valley
             California Republic

>PHONE       (805) 526-7141

>E-MAIL      cavaleri@simi-valley.ate.slb.com

>URL         N/A
>
>PRIMARY LOOPING GEAR
Guitar,Volume Pedal,JamMan,Vortex,Quadraverb,Mixer.

>INFLUENCES
1960's AM Radio - This ranges from early rock & roll through motown ect.,
Im's sure, on at least a subliminal level, TV and movie music such as Carl
Stalling,Bernard Herman, and many others. The minimalist movment - Steve
Riech, Phillip Glass,ect. Guitar specific: The music of the Doors, King
Crimson-Robert
Frip, Alan Holdsworth, Bill Frisell,and of course Mr. Torn.   Many others!!

>MUSICAL STYLE OR MAIN AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
Hard to tell. Ambient? Experimental? -- No Age?

>ENSEMBLES
None at this time

>AVAILABLE RECORDINGS
None commercially available

>CONTACT INFORMATION
Same as above

>PERSONAL STATEMENT

    Hi all.

First off I would like to thank all the people involved in giving this
segment
of the musical community the opportunity to participate in such a project.
It
should be a very interesting experience.

     I have been playing guitar for a little over 20yrs. I kind of started
late
but what the heck! In that time I've had the good fortune to play in
several
different styles of music. Everything from a wedding type band, a college
jazz
band, to playing with a Polynesian band.(complete with coconut clad
dancers!!)

     I am also attempting to become more politically aware.

     As Daniel Webster said.

        Good intentions will be pleaded for every assumption of authority.
It is
hardly too strong to say the the Constitution was made to guard the people
against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean
to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters,
but they mean to be masters.