Re: PERSONAL PROFILES: A couple of other points

We had a huge vortex thread a while back that I guess you guys missed. I'm
in the process of putting old list postings up in an archive section of the
website, so you can see it all soon.

kim

At 02:48 PM 10/8/96 -0700, you wrote:
>        Hi Paul
>
>        I purchased the Vortex a while back and found out quickly that
>        I have very little patience for programming. I use the Vortex
>        presets mostly.. I might tweak them sometimes. Overall the sound
>        quality is very good. I use the Vortex,one of the channels of the
>        Jamman, along with a direct feed from my preamp and more or less
>        process these in parallel. Anyway back to the Vortex. I find that
>        I use it to add color my sound. The unit itself is capable of
>some
>        truly unique sounds. Also the capability to morph into different
>        sounds can add subtle...or not so subtle sonic contrasts. Plus
>preset
>        #16 (and other presets) give you the ability to set up ambient
>loops.
>        Considering that the price has dropped to $150,(Guitar Center),
>it's
>        worth some consideration. Worse case --- You,ve got a tap-tempo
>delay
>        line.
>
>        I would like to hear from other looper's about this box... maybe
>swap
>        some ideas or programs/programming tips?
>

>                                joe
>

>At 01:15 PM 10/5/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>hey Joe ... how do you like the Vortex ... I've been using the Jamman
>with
>>an lxp15 and was wondering of the added dimensions of the Vortex

Kim Flint                       408-752-9284
OEM Engineering                 kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research