Re: Beginner questions

>The JamMan has stereo ins and outs (ie. it will preserve the stereo
>signal)
>but only loops in mono.  THe echoplex has only mono in and out

The echoplex has syncing abilities so you can easily set up two of them for
stereo. Or more than two for multi-track looping. Depends on your gear
budget of course...

>>Since I've hardly begun to get into this looping business,
>>the first thing I was envisioning myself doing was building up a 4
>>or more layer loop (bass, rhythm, percussive sounds, synth), save that
>>off, solo over it for a while, start and build up another 4 layer loop,
>>save that, and maybe do this a few more times, then be able to
>>switch between the already constructed, layered loops as sections
>>of the song.  I assume either the JamMan or Echoplex could do this?
>
>Yes, you can do this with both.

You can have up to 9 loops in the echoplex. Their lengths can independent
of each other, which I don't think is true of the jamman. You can also copy
audio or the time base from one to another. You can switch to any loop you
like, rather than just cycling through them, and you can trigger them with
midi like a sampler. It works quite well for your idea of creating
compositions with different loops for each section, and switching between
them at will.

kim