Re: One other bit of help

TMH, in despair:
>If anyone does indeed carry out the Echoplex signal decay test I
>described, please try experimenting with different input knob levels; see
>if the signal cuts off abruptly if the level is in fact too low.

I did that test xxx times.

>Gee, ain't it great to share one's moment of crisis with a bunch of
>strangers the world over?  ; - /

You should show it on TV. All the moms would cry... :-)

I can fully support Kims statements. If the noisgate switches AND the dig
noise appears, you do not sent enough signal to the converter.
Now you say, that there is a distortion, if you send more. So THIS is
probably the defect in your unit. And it might be quite simple, in the
analog input stage, possibly in context with the broken potentiometer that
might create a DC disalignment...

Lets not charge the list too much with such stuff, please.

Matthias