Re: Observations from playing experience & Gripes w/Oberheim Customer Service

1.  Playing Experience Observations

Recent chat about the UNDO function reminds me of this...

UNDO Can Kill The Loop
Has anyone else experienced this.  You're happily creating a loop.  10-20
minutes of layering, reversing and undoing.  Life is good and the loop is
happening.  Then, you press the UNDO button (on the footpedal of course)
and
suddenly you're engulfed in silence.  Somehow, invoking the UNDO function
has
erased the loop.
I've since stopped using the UNDO function.  I can't be performing infront
of
people and have this type of thing happen.

2.  Gripes w/Oberheim Customer Service
I called Oberheim about this (many times of course each time being answered
by their answering service).  Three weeks later!!!  I get a call back and
Oberheim ask me to send my 'plex to their Oakland offices.  No garantees as
to when I may get it back.  Unfortunately,  I had a string of gigs to play
using the echoplex so that was not possible.

If I was really famous, maybe they would call back more promptly. Or maybe
could buy a few 'plexes to have as back-up.  As it is I'm just little old
me,
trying to make  living with a really cool tool from a very unresponsive
vendor.

I've since been told that Oberheim has a staff of three.

By the way, when I was first trying to buy the echoplex this summer no-one
in
Boston had one and a few places thought they were out of business!!!  Local
Gibson reps who tour the retail chains weren't aware of Oberheim products.

It's a pitty that such neato engineering is being so under-marketed.

David Kirkdorffer

P.S.  This UNDO problem has had a good side to it.  Since experiencing the
problem, I've adopted UNDO as the name of my solo ambient project.