When stuck -- how I create loops / ideas

>  Can we begin talking about how we compose, how we might use these ideas
>in
>  performance, what musical surprises have occurred, what mistakes became
>  part of the texture ...
>
>  Paul

Good idea, why didn't you, then  ;-)

I hav eno musical trainning (typo intended!!), so when I'm stuck for
creativity, I use a "device" or "concept" to get some sound rolling.  For
example:

1)  using only "White" notes
2)  spelling musical words with a seven letter alphabet (ABACAB...DUG)
3)  creating only acending or descending melody lines
4)  not using a particular fret-range.  i.e. 3-12

The biggest advantage to the approach I've found is that I worry about
"fulfilling the concept" and don't get hung-up on "is what I'm playing any
good" just long enough that something can be born.  Too much attention to
can
get in the way.

Anyone got a simple "device" to offer?

In fact, it could be fun to hear the output from 10 loopists all using the
same concept.
But then that's no different than listening to 10 different love songs I
suppose.

David Kirkdorffer