God bless you dave Stagner

LOOPER WARS:

Paul P Said:

>> Fine then ... then let's call this the Echoplex Users Group because if
>the
>> bulk of you use it, and have nothing to talk about other than
>> idiosyncracies of the box, then let's not advertise this as a loopers >>
page....       < SNIP >

Dave Stagner Said:

>> ENOUGH ALREADY
>
>Could we *please* lighten up a little here?  There are a number of
>people here trying to make music with a rare, unusual, and complex
>instrument with virtually no support from the manufacturer.  Suddenly,
>they have free and unfettered access to two f the designers, and many
>problems are getting cleared up.  You should be happy for them for
>growing as musicians, not getting irritated for having a discussion
>you're not engrossed in.
>
>If you don't want to read about it, don't read anything with
>"Echoplex" in the subject.  Is it that hard?  Between personal
>interest and professional mailing lists, I receive 100-200 pieces of
>email a day at two accounts, most of which is uninteresting to me.
>The delete key is your friend.  Killfiles are even more of a friend,
>if you have a mail program that supports them.
>
>If you're not happy with the subject, feel free to introduce another
>one.  One of the benefits of mailing lists is that they happily
>support more than one thread of conversation at a time.  If the
>Echoplex doesn't interest you, what does?  We have had numerous
>musical and highly abstract threads here, and technical discussion for
>other devices like compressors and the Vortex as well.
>
>Please, don't yell at people for discussing something that is
>interesting and useful to them.  We are all different here.  If we
>weren't we'd be on some other mailing list debating the virtues of
>Yngwie Malmsteen or Abba.
>
>-dave

and now dave at studio seventeen says:

dave- i agree with you here.  let's not be like the other lists.  please
let's try to be a bit more enlightented.  we ARE an unusual community of
musicians who all have a specialty (looping) that involves the use of high
technology, which has GLITCHES.  what if suddenly, they find that all
JAMMEN
between serial numbers 2017 and 3034 have an intermittent thermal problem
that shuts down the output for two seconds randomly?
and you are serial number 3017...

as we saw with Andre, the people on looper's-delight rallied round to help.
as we would help anyone.  i happen to have an echoplex, and i spend hours
reading all about Jam Man and Vortex, neither of which I have. But I'm
LEARNING about all these different tools, the differences between them,
their pros their cons......that's what this is all about!

in my mind, on No list, is any subject OFF-TOPIC.  granted it can be
annoying when people get so far off the mark as to the topic bearing no
relation to the list, but if it's that bad, you can always unsubscribe.  i
actually did this once: joined a list for a great band I really like.  and
there was almost no discussion of the band-just things like "my worst five
albums"...completely pointless.  so i unsubscribed.

we here have never APPROACHED that sorry state, and I hope we never do.
CONVERSELY, I really am enjoying some of the wild philosophical/musical
discussions that go on here (why am I suddenly thinking of MATTHIAS?? :),
because not only do we represent different kinds of looping using different
looping tools, but also a wide and fascinating array of musicaal TASTES.
most loopers seem to like real quality music, and i'm sure i will end up
hearing some great stuff as a result of people mentioning their favourite
artists here.

and now, back to our regular programming...

dave at 17
173451681734516817345168173451681734516817345168

*               *  *  *  *  *    You can't teach ducks to dance...
*                          *         (Mr. Blint, Consequences/Godley &
Creme)

visit: http:www.adnc.com/web/ambient/index.html
seventeen: the ambient music page

173451681734516817345168173451681734516817345168