Re: lobbying for upgrades.

>>In a message dated 96-10-18 19:13:27 EDT, you write:
>>

>>>  >
>>>  >What did you want to lobby these guys for/about?
>>>  >
>>>  >David Kirkdoffer
>>>

>>>  To see if support for further development of looping devices would be
>>>  possible ... something on the order of Jamman II oar software/hardware
>>>  updates
>>>
>>>  Paul
>>>

>>I suspect the most effective encouragement Oberheim and Lexicon would
>take
>>notice of is increased sales for looping devices.
>>
>>So, if Lexicon's JamMan is out of production (more's the pity), then
>maybe a
>>steady stream of orders for the Echoplex or the Boomerang or other
>loopers
>>can save those pieces of hardware.
>>
>>David Kirkdorffer

This is precisely the sort of language that the relevant powers speak. If
we want to get continued interest from manufacturers in making loop
products, they need to see ongoing sales. One way for that to happen is for
us to generally popularize looping, and show others what loopers are and
why they are fun to use. A very large number of Echoplex sales happen that
way, because a user convinced his buddy to get one too. Performing with
them shows people the possibilities.

>My bassist is interested in a looping device so I was considering (believe
>it or not) in purchasing the Echoplex and selling him my Jamman.  Any word
>on theRoland unit?  Even though you guys worry me about the Oberheim I
>believe you when you talk about its increased capabilities.  By the way
>does it have the tap feature of the Jam and in addition can you dial in in
>seconds, the length of a loop?
>
>Paul

The tap feature, yes. You tap to start the delay recording, and tap again
to define the end point of the loop. Extremely easy to figure out and use.
You can't dial in a loop length though. If you need precise loop lengths,
its usually because you need to sync to something else. Many things you
might need to sync to can generate sync signals of some sort (including the
plex). You can more accurately accomplish this sort of thing by actually
using the sync features to lock up to other devices. Dialing in those
numbers is sort of risky actually, because how accurate do think it really
is? If there is a little bit of error, and the loop is repeated 100 times,
it becomes a big error!

kim