Re: How about a Loopers-Delight CD?

>Matthias asked,
>
>> Anyone knows how to create a spiral on the puter?
>
>(for all those poor German illiterates, "puter" in German is not only the
>short form for "computer" but also the German expression for a (male)
>turkey, and consequently "com puter" calls for a turkey to come here.)

(Here in Brasil its much worse because "puta" means "prostitute". So there
is a Tshirt saying: "Meu computador nao fala com puta". Which means either
"my computer does not speak but calculate" or "...does not speak with a
prostitute". Incredibly funny, isnt it.)

You kow why I am looking for spirals?
Looping means to repeat but never the same. The spiral has that character
which seams a symbol for all history as I know it: Things turn back but are
not the same. We go in circles but evolve.

>Yes I can produce spirals on a computer, and not only spirals but many
>other
>interesting abstract images, with my fractal animation program HOP (for PC
>only, sorry Mac users) - be sure to check out
>
>http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mpeters/hop.htm
>
>for info, downloads, and a gallery. I seem to remember that you have a Mac
>Matthias, so you can only look at the still images. Not many spirals there
>yet but I could make some and upload them somewhere if you really want.

Had a look and did not see any. I will download more of your art.

>HOP is more interesting for animations though. I'll use it to do a live
>fractal lightshow (using a video beamer and live PC) for a concert this
>saturday. Anyone in the Cologne, Germany area is invited to come! <g>

How was it?