Analog Loops

Hi,

I joined last week and have been swamped as usual. This topic arose I
believe when I raised a question about an Oberhiem Matrix-6R.

I'm in an ambient music project called Fingerpaint. We are Washington DC
locals, myself and Steev Geest. We use four Jam Men(2 each,) and a wealth
of effects. Steev uses a Roland GR 300 and GR 700, plus an occasional SH
101 analog keyboard synth for his sound sources. I use a Roland Gr-1 and
Yahmah TX 81-z, plus a Korg Poly Six for mine. Recently I've added a Roland
GR-50 and now the Matrix-6.

So as you can see we have a good analog base to our loops, but also digital
and FM synths. We've also used acoustic guitar and a vase filled with
marbles and water. Whatever the music requires is what drives us.

We have recently released a cassette Enormous Swirling Sound, which I can
make available to any one interested in what we are doing for $5 postpaid.
The cassette contains eight pieces and is 40 minutes in duration. E-mail if
interested and send a check payable to me at:

Patrick Smith
7007 Aspen Ave.
Takoma Park, MD 20912

Our Web site will be up soon and will contain our thoughts on looping. When
we have these written up, I'll forward them to the list.

I look forward to being on this list.

Peace,

Patrick