Re: exchanging ideas/PROPOSAL

>>3. David brought up the idea to do a CD. This would require some work
>>from someone who would realize the CD, and some money from the
>participants.
>>"Imagine if a CD costs $2500 and 10 musicians divided 76minutes and the
>>total cost..."
>
>I, and I'm sure a few others, could do a sub -7.6min song (sorry, is
>"song"
>an acceptable phrase here?:) ). How about setting a $30/min charge, and
>people
>just take what they can afford?

The capitalistic way usually works - bad. Equilibrated would be nice.

>Furthermore, is this going to be edited ("I'm not putting this crap on the
>CD!")
>and if so by whom?

Very delicate and important question. In case of the LOOP POOL I simply
(and capitalistically) proposed myself as investor and editor.
This new proposual could be more democratic and maybe we find a mix where
all agree on. Or then we have to be sincere and say to one: "we do not like
your music."

>> So there are 4 DAT tapes with contributions here, 3 accousic an one el.
>>guitar.
>> I can ask the guys if they are interested even paying.
>> I want percussion woodwind, voice... on it!! You really ALL play
>guitar???
>
>Well, guitar is the most accessible electric instrument,

No need for an electric instrument. Any reasonably micable instrument or
voice work well!!

>and all the synthists can loop with MIDI more easily....

How?

Matthias