Re: MIDI Loops

>> ** I think it would be great to use similar tools and codes in audio-
>and
>> MIDI loops so we can play together, transfer, synchronize easily. **

Absolutely. I had very high hopes for the latest version of Studio Vision
Pro, to be able to deal with audio events much the same as MIDI,
unfortunately it isn't as stable on my machine (Powermac7100/66) as Deck.

>My professor is not interested in using his trombone to trigger
>synthesizers
>directly via MIDI.  Rather, he is interested in using the computer as
>an improvisational partner which analyzes his playing and formulates
>a response instead of attempting to reproduce his phrases exactly
>(actually
>his program is also capable of initiating its own improvisations without
>any input from its human partner).  So while audio looping technology has
>the
>advantage of greater sonic expression, MIDI-based interactive technology
>is currently more capable of real-time analysis of an incoming stream of
>notes from a human musician.  When the two can come together it will be
>an exciting time indeed.

This sounds an awful lot like George Lewis and his Voyager system. Is it?

Dave Trenkel, NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: improv@peak.org
self promotional web-site: http://www.peak.org/~improv/
"A squid eating dough in a polyethelene bag is fast
and bulbous, got me?"
                                     -Captain Beefheart