Re: MIDI Loops

>I thought I'd inquire if there were any midi looposts out there that are
>familiar with an older program called JamFactory by the now defunct (I
>believe) Intelligent Music company.
>It's an algorhythmic composition tool that allows you to record up to four
>different musical parts, patterns or motifs (via midi) of variable and
>indepentent length (according to RAM amount). And then play about with
>them
>as they repeat, causing them to evolve and change into something new and
>different in deliberate or random ways over the course of time.

haven't heard of it but it sounds *very* interesting. It's probably for the
Mac, right? Is there a program like Max or JamFactory for the PC at all, or
would one have to buy a Mac to do fancy Midi stuff?

A friend of mine saw Steve Hillage in concert recently. He used a notebook
or
Powerbook but my friend didn't see what he did. What kind of things can you
do with a Powerbook in concerts? Could one do similar things with a
Notebook
running Windows?

-Michael P