Re: see guitar player mag, etc

hey folks folks folks

f o       l          k      s

andre (nj) here with three quick tidbits -

(1) my namesake bro Andre La Fosse is in the latest issue of GP in the "
unsigned new talent" feature or whatever it's called (sorry). a very cool
little profile..he might by shy to announce this to everyone - but i'll
assure you he didn't put me up to this!!! Let's flood these mags with our
tapes & CDs so they know there's more out there than....well, you know..

(2) and please , loop addicts - check out the new album by BON - bear with
me if you already know this - but they feature Bon Lozaga, who was on a
bunch of GONG albums in the late 70s and spearheaded the awesome GONGZILLA
cd with Holdsworth on it a few years ago..

anyway , the new one's called "to the Bone" and has some cool loops on it,
both by Bon & Mr Torn hisself. Caryn Lin also turns in some great soaring
violin. It's a pretty stomping album tho, lots of extended, fluid soloing
and great bass (Hansford Rowe, also ex-GONG) and Vic Stevens smashing kit
drums./....

My own project "hidden agenda" has played a couple gigs opening for these
guys and they are great - we also feature a lot of loop driven improv, with
live (real!!) percussion, as well as bass & drums. Anyone in the NJ area
out
there???

(3) Cool, junky old equipment tip of the week - Boss made (still does) a
series of 1/2 rackspace effects - most of which fell between the crax as
multi programmable processors came along - but i feed a lot of my loops
with
my old RPS-10 a 'digital pitch shifter/delay'. It's only got 800ms of
delay,
but it enables me to 2 different modes of 'backwards' guitar.. this makes
for some great loops once they get going. really wild, and very smooth
sounding -in fact if you're a Crinson fan - Belew has a pair of 'em - they
also do great pitch shift. So while it's not MIDI, I can turn it on/off
with
the Rockman Octopus in my rack. Hopefully everyone's hip to THOSE things...

So - that's my offering to those bargain hunters like me, scouring the used
corners of music stores. BTW - here are two resources for used stuff. Sorry
if this is obvious - this is kinda new to me!!

rogue music, NYC:       www.roguemusic.com   with tons o'links!!

east village music store, NYC       www.evillagemusic.com

keep Looping, brothers and sisters. life is a LOOP after all- the energy
goes round and round and don't forget----music is the best (FZ)

andre of the east

ps -anyone out there have a MIDI MITIGATOR????