Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 14:09:44 -0800 (PST)
From: The Man Himself <altruist@shoko.CALARTS.EDU>
To: ptlk@netcom.com
Subject: Greetings

Hello --

My name is Andre LaFosse, and I'm writing to you as a result of a lead
which was suggested on Looper's Delight, a bounce list dedicated
to loop-oriented music.

Right now the list membership is in the talking stages of trying to
organize some sort of live summit meeting -- sort of a cross between a
multi-artist festival and general get-together.  The idea is to try and
facilitate an exchange of musics and ideas among the different musicians
using looping in their music.

Right now there are about ten interested parties, and it looks as though
the locale will be the bay area.  Someone on the list mentioned that
Expose was helping to organize some performances in the region, and
suggested contacting you for the possibility of any sort of collaborative
involvement.

So if you have any information or interest to share, many of us would
readilly welcome it.  Recommendations for performance locations,
suggestions for organizing and staging the shows, collaborative
involvement...  at this point, it's still in the talking stages, so
anything would be helpful.

I'll forward you a copy of the latest word (such as it is) regarding the
loop summit, and leave you an address where you can contact the list if
you're interested in further information.

Thanks very much for your time; good luck in your own performance
endeavors, and thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Best,

--Andre LaFosse