Re: How about a Loopers-Delight CD?

>Ah, now you come out of the bushes ;-).
>Sure you deserve 12, no problem for me. Really ok for you? Since there is
>no way we make some earnings back with this work, its really a comunity
>thing and we depend on contributions like yours.

Yeah, it's fine.  I figure it'll take me something like 20 hours to
put it all together.  I'd like a little something to help pay for the
equipment (many kilo-$), if not make up for the time, which I am
donating for the cause.  ;-)

The $50 is so is more of a make-me-feel-good measure than anything
else.  And it will help me justify spending $400 on the mastering
software (Digi's Masterlist CD) that I really ought to use for this
project.

>Actually there is a chance that the compilation one day turns into a
>product, and if its just for demo purposes. Maybe we could fix a real
>remuneration for participants for this case. But its complicated, heavy
>some how. And most probably such a next step will be made with new music,
>all new, all better.

I figure that if it ever gets sold, money should go to the performers
either equally or in proportion to the length of their pieces.  If
it's done equally (which I'd guess most would prefer), I'd appreciate
an equal share as compensation for putting it together on disk.

If everyone thinks that's fair.

I figure it will work this way.  Send me DATs, plus $12 for each disk
you want, with a SASE to send it all back to you when it's done.
First 74 minutes of music to arrive here gets on (with a limit per
track, let's say 8 minutes or so).  People sending me tracks longer
than the limit will be putting their fate in my skill as a listener
and editor (which seem to be pretty good, but I'd rather not exercise
them).  If you want me to fade your DAT, that's no problem: just tell
me the A-time for any fade-in and the A-time for any fade out.  If you
want to get precise, send me the times for the start and end of each
fade (it's trivial for me to do sample-accurate fades and crossfades).

If you want fancy editing, contact me directly (e.g., "take this 20
minute piece, and put together the first and last 4 minutes, with a 30
second crossfade between them, and please take out that click at 3:42,
and can you bump up the EQ 4db at 8k?).  I can do all those, but it
will take me a little time, so let's arrange something privately.

People sending me cassette should throw in another couple bucks for me
to transfer to DAT and then disk.  If they want eq and/or noise
reduction and/or BBE enhancement, I can also do that: contact me
beforehand if you do.

Please label everything *clearly*, as I will have a whole pile of
tapes to deal with.

I'll make disks for the contributors, and for each of the CD-R
cloners.  The CD-R cloners will form a tree for getting disks to
non-contributors.

CD-R cloner volunteers please contact me directly.

How does this all sound?