Re: TC elec. sustain pedal

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Chris Chovit wrote:

> I know this isn't a marketplace, but I remember someone, at some point,
>was
> interested in a T.C. Electronics Sustain pedal.  I ran across this ad,
>for
> anyone who is interested...
>
> TC Electronic Sustain $200, vintage ADA Flanger $150, Boss OD-1 overdrive
> (new in box) $90. All are or best offer. Will trade. Mauricio
> (gobbi@coastal.udel.edu) 302-731-5394/831-6550

I paid $30 for my TC (battered but works well), from a knowledgeable
but honest vintage dealer in Iowa.  For $200, you could probably pick
up a used dbx compressor, Rane parametric, and a Hush pedal and stomp
all over the TC.  It's a terrific compressor but it ain't worth $200
except to collectors (who aren't gonna play it anyway).

-dave

By "beauty," I mean that which seems complete.
Obversely, that the incomplete, or the mutilated, is the ugly.
Venus De Milo.
To a child she is ugly.       /* dstagner@icarus.net */
   -Charles Fort