Re: greetings

>> Actually, a whole bunch of new list subscriptions came in over the past
>> week. That usually means some good publicity happened somewhere. So I'm
>> little curious as to how you new folks found out about us. Was there a
>> post somewhere?
>
>Er, I mentioned Looper's Delight a week ago in a post to Elephant Talk
>(which is subscribed by thousands). Don't know if this was it, but it
>probably contributed.

That would explain it. Feel free to do this sort of thing, I don't mind at
all.

>If you're interested in more subscribers (and more work for you), there
>are
>some (less crowded) newsgroups we could post on such as the Eno, Sylvian,
>or Ambient newsgroups. I think by now, this mailing list + website have
>grown rich and interesting enough to feel justified to go and boast a
>little.

I have been holding off on publicity because I didn't feel the list and web
site were really ready. Now that the digest version is working, the regular
list seems to be running smoothly, and the web site has a reasonable amount
of interesting content, I think more publicity is fine.

If any of you are on other lists that may have members interested in
looping, feel free to let them know about Looper's Delight. I'd be
especially interested in bringing in some folks from the
techno/dub/industrial/ambient world, some dj's, and acoustic musicians of
various sorts. (the Adrian Legg, Leo Kottke variety seem to have an
affinity for loops) We seem to be a bit top heavy with Fripp influenced
guitarists so far, which is ok, but more variety is good in my opinion.

thanks,

kim