Re: Jam Man Odd Time / Plexs MIDI

Matthias said this about the Oberheim Echoplex :

>All front keys are controllable by MIDI or hardware pedal.
>Program change only will work in the upgrade. The main reason is that many
>Plex functions are based on holding the key, which is not possible with
>program change. We are figuring out a sceme where you can access these
>long
>press functions with additional program numbers. So to do all, you might
>end up with about 15 keys...
>
>>( Cue Loops,etc.)
>
>What do you mean?

Let's say you've recorded 4 loops in the Jam Man and are playing them back
for soloing over them or to use as different sections of a piece , if you
wanted to jump from loop 1 straight to loop 4 , you can just send the
proper MIDI program change number and it will happen, whereas if you were
using the footswitches, you would have to tap and scroll in order from loop
1 thru loops 2 and 3  to get to loop 4. It's very distracting to have to do
this and it's very easy to overshoot and go past where you wanted to stop ,
in which case you'd have to scroll thru again and stop on loop 4. Also, any
recent news about the 'Plex upgrade ?

>>If I can use a MIDI controller like Digital
>>Music's Ground Control or MIDI Midigator by Lake Butler to control from
>one
>>central location it would be nice. I could maybe save a few bucks too by
>>not having to buy the footswitch!
>
>Good way to go. I do not know about Digital Music's Ground Control, but
>Midigator can send control changes, so you can have all functions even
>with
>the present version of the Plex.

Digital Music's Ground Control has inputs for 2 expression pedals and can
send continuous controller messages programmable per patch , is this what
you are talking about ?

>Most people do not like the keys of the Oberheim pedal board. I do not use
>it either.

Matthias, what switching system/footswitches etc., do you use for your
'Plex ?

                                 Thanks,  Ed