Re: Why Vortex flopped...?

I wonder if the Vortex would have been better marketed as a "Try it
for 30 days" bit instead.  And I'll agree, it was priced too high,
considering it was competing with some very full-featured (if
mind-bogglingly dull and generic) multi-effects from other companies.

I dunno about the EH16 of the 90s, though.  After all, I got to the
bottom of my EH16 pretty quickly.  Sometimes I don't feel I've even
scratched the surface of the Vortex.

Unfortunately, I've had little time to work with the Vortex since I
got good pickups installed in my acoustic guitar.  Using it with the
acoustic is a whole new ball game.  The sharp, percussive attack and
wide dynamic range of the acoustic guitar feels very different from
the electric, especially distorted electric.  I do miss wrapping
clouds of ambience around sustaining notes, though.   Maybe I'll
figure out some way to get good distortion again...

-dave

By "beauty," I mean that which seems complete.
Obversely, that the incomplete, or the mutilated, is the ugly.
Venus De Milo.
To a child she is ugly.       /* dstagner@icarus.net */
   -Charles Fort