Re: VG8 with Ebow?

>>Anybody use an Ebow on a VG8? Wonder how it works since the pickup is the
>>piezo hex one rather than magnetic.
>>

>Well I don't know about the VG-8 , buut the e-bow works fine on the
>piezo's
>on my Ovation 1867. Not as responsive nor as much fun as magnetic pickups,
>but it does drives the string.

I don't think it's the type of pickup that determines the responsiveness,
but rather the type of string.  Regular acoustic strings have a lower
magnetic content, and aren't as agitated by the Ebow.  If you put a set
of regular eletric guitar strings on your acoustic, it'd be as responsive
as your electric.

Travis Hartnett