JamMan misleading

Message text written by INTERNET:Loopers-Delight-d-request@annihilist.com
>We have a major disagreement here. Having "stereo" inputs/outputs in the
(relatively) inexpensive effects world has (almost) *never* indicated a
"stereo"
device.<

Um, WRONG here, Mr. Durant. While up until about 3-5 years ago quite a lot
of effects boxes crossed to mono SOMEWHERE in the effects chain, ALL of
them, if they had stereo outs, DID have different signals in each output.
The
JamMan, however... Stereo outs with identical output in each (oh, except
for
the virtually useless input signal being passed through). This *IS*
misleading,
no doubt about it.

**Please don't insult my or any other consumer's intelligence by claiming
that
a) this is not misleading, and b) having "stereo" outs on the jamman when
looped output is in mono is in any way useful.**

I apologize for being strong in my statements here but there is no defense
for
this intentional misleading or eggregious oversight. Just buck up, call a
spade
a spade, learn a lesson from this mistake and from the NON-misleading
practices of EVERY other effects manufacturer out there.

I fully accept responsibility for not "digging deep enough" in researching
the
JamMan to figure out that in fact it was NOT a stereo unit. However my
entire
point is that this should not be the struggling musician's job. If someone
at
Lexicon had bothered to be thorough in their a) advertising, b) unit
labeling,
and c) manual, then none of this crap would have occurred.

Case in point: both Guitar Center and Musician's Friend, being major
mailorder retailers of Lexicon products, *both* indicated, both in their
printed advertising *and* in numerous conversations with supposedly
knowledgeable sales people over the phone, that one of the major
selling points of the JamMan was that it would loop in stereo. Now, if
Lexicon
WASN'T being misleading, why the hell did its retailers disseminate such
supposedly obvious misinformation? And yet it's my fault for not figuring
out that it was a mono unit before I bought it?

Sorry to rant. Any flames in private please.

jj

jj