Hi! all, and head to head loop comparason?

Hello all.  I just joined the group last night.  Now that I have some time
today to write I
have a few questions...

I don't know if anyone cares, but my name is Trevor and this list was
recomended to me
by a guy I met named Geoff.  I have done quite a bit of ambient stuff in
the past, but the
limit of my looping experience comes from using a Boss pitchshifter/delay
pedal with the
feedback cranked up.  I found out that I could do loops on the pedal on
accident- all of my
other delay units go into crazed runnaway with a short delay and full
regeneration. That an
two volume pedals and I was off.

I don't know whether or not it is assumed that I am a guitarist, but I am
and also, of
course, a big Fripp&Eno fan (more so when they are together than when they
are apart)
and I cut my teeth on Cocteau Twins/Xmal Deutchland(sp?) and the rest of
the 4AD ouvre.
In  recent years (the past four or so) my sound has become much more raw,
being
influenced greatly by jazz (Coleman, Ribot, Cherry, Coltrane, Zorn), DC
post-punk
(Fugazi, Jawbox, Discord Records in general) and NY noise (Sonic Youth,
et.al.).

Anyway, I'm glad to have found the newsgroup because I want to buy a
looper pedal
proper.  I am an improvisational kind of guy but I have wielded incredably
complex
combinations of pedals an rack gear before on stage.  Complexity is not
(really) a problem.
What is important is that there are no deadspots or dropout when changing
patches, and
that all of the coll functions can be controlled by my feet.  I'd love to
able to reverse the
loops as I know that some can do.

It also should be able to take a beating.

I looked around last night until my eyes spun, but I could not find direct
comparisons of
what seems to me to be the Big Three; the JamMan, Echoplex, and Boomerang
units.  A
cursory inspection makes me think that this group seems to be slanted
towards the
Echoplex.  Why?

I am interested in comparisons between the units- faves, raves, and
disgust.  Don't forget
to discuss sound quality too, should you choose to participate.

Sorry for talking your ear off.

Trevor