Re: building our own looper

Item Subject: Lotus Notes Message Text

I'd like to see PAiA or a similar company (small, cheap, mailorder,
do-it-yourself-kits) come out with a looper.  If such a thing was
available, I think they'd be hard put to deal with the demand.  I know the
biggest impediment to me buying a Jamman, Echoplex or Boomerang is $$$ - I
just can't justify the cost for a single-purpose effect that I wouldn't be
using a lot of the time.  For now, I'll stick to my crappy old Boss PS-2
pedal with its 2 seconds of delay.

If you consider all the techo knowledge and experience that's on this
mailing list, we'd have to be able to spec out a design (assuming everyone
suddenly got a few months with nothing else to do!).  As an aside: with
memory coming down in price so fast recently, I can't see why you'd need to
feel limited by sample resolution or sample time any more - just build in
provision for the box to take standard SIMMs up to (say) 64Mb.

I really hope this discussion in "fanning the creative flames" of someone
out there...

Dave Mitchell