Jamman Faxes - was: RE: Musicians Friend $199 JamMan (kinda)

> >I'd like a fax too, for $199 price of Jamman ...

etc etc...

boys, you are going to ruin a good thing very quickly with this.

First of all guitar center will probably not be too keen on sending out a
fax of a confirmed price for a unit they are blowing out. Once maybe.
Twice they will get suspicious. three or more they will stop doing it
entirely and even if they do send out a fax or two they will quickly
catch on when someone calls them up for the "price" and then no sale
comes it to them. GC is not known for customer service in the first place.
get the same sales drone twice trying to do this and they'll stop helping
you ASAP. even faxing an ad of on of their flyers (without talking to the
store) may lead to problems.

I have bought stuff from MF and Musician Discount Warehouse a couple
times and they usually asked me for the phone number and price of the
place selling them. they then made the call and confirmed the price and
got back to me. (They never did this with a GC though) When I call up a
Sam ash or other chain store I usually get a "come in and buy it" routine.
They have been very relcutant to give prices over the phone let alone via
fax in writing. That's the way the chains work.

The one shot at doing this may be *if* GC is sold out and still has the
price advertised. Even then if MF calls them up i wouln't hope for much.

Moral of the story: Perhaps we should be buying the units from GC *if*
they have them in stock. If they don't and you've got a confrimed price
get the Phone # and call MF. They will confrim the price for themselves
and you'll get the deal.

>> VERY IMPORTANT <<

here's the kicker to the plan:

If MF confirms the price for one of you (either via a call or Fax)
get the store they've confirmed it from and the Rep you spoke with
at MF. Post it to the list and that way that rep will have the data they
need and won't need to repeat check (and perhaps "blow it" with GC) This
might work best as the MF rep will also have some incentive to help you
because  they'll get a bunch of sales from the Loopers list and will
hopefully get a bit of commision for their troubles.

Just some ideas so everyone can benefit without losing the opportunity.
this ;list is small but mighty and if you all cooperate it should work
and everyone (including the stores) will be satisfied. heh, the buying
power of loopers speaks...

good luck!

--------
Help Wanted Productions - Bringing you the best in organic electronic and
sweaty rock music since we started.  Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion

Available next month: "The Feedback Machine" a new studio album
from the Music for Isolation Tanks live lineup. Only $6.00 postpaid!