RE: Vortex and PCM80

fish asked about the Vortex:
Can anyone tell me what kind of PSU they use? Is it direct mains or a wall
wart?

BTW, has anyone tried MIDI-fying it?

The Vortex uses a wall wart with 9VAC@1amp output.  I am not aware of any
attempts to MIDIfy one.

David Coffin asked me to post a few things about the PCM80 that would be
of
interest to the list so here is a teaser:   Out of the box the PCM80 has 6
voices of Delays of up to 2.73 seconds long.  By upgrading with SIMMs
modules(not sold by Lexicon) each of these voices can be up to 43.69
seconds
long.  You have control over each voices level, HF cutoff, feedback and
panning and modulation(there are 7 different internal modulation controls
which you can assign.)  There is also a Master control for Level, HF
cutoff,
feedback and panning of all the voices simultaneously.  There are a myriad
of ways that any parameter within this machine can be controlled in real
time  All of this with the addition of reverb which the delays can run
either before, after or through.

Any questions?  Let me know.

Best regards,

Greg Hogan