RE: Music just for musicians?

Well I tried to make a simple blanket statement about a very complex
situation and it seems that I opened a big can of worms.  Has Lexicon made
mistakes?  Yes, of course.  We did try to create interest in the JAMMAN
and
Vortex.  These products did not sell at 1/3 of the rate as the ALEX or
REFLEX.  Yes there were forecasting problems.  Does Lexicon owe it to the
community to keep products in the product line?  I don't think so.  Is
Lexicon run by musicians?  I wish.  Is a discussion of corporate politics
really very relevant to this list?  I don't believe so but I suppose it is
debatable.

I do not get it.  Which would be worse?  The fact that we stopped shipping
these products or if they were never made?

I was warned when I arrived at this list that John Durant was almost
railroaded off of this list.  Well his interest in the art of looping has
kept him here.  I am not running away as I am used to taking the
punishment
for the actions of others(it has been my job for a long time.)  But lets
not
waste time with this issue.  It would be more constructive(and
interesting)
to discuss what everybody would like to see in the next generation of
dedicated(or not) looping technology.  Maybe if we are all good on the
karmic scale Lexicon or Oberheim(or Roland or Alesis) might answer our
prayers.

Thank you and best regards,

Greg Hogan
Lexicon Customer Service