RE: Musicianship, live technique, etc...

Romeo sez ...

> it seems like we're having two monologues rather than a conversation.
> One problem I've been having is that the music just goes on and on
> and there aren't any breaks...
> it feels like a need to keep the music going no matter what, and
> this seems really tiring after a while, like "hey, we're trying to
> overload your circuits, relentlessly".
> I'm very interested in how you loopers deal with this, since looping
> essentially means endless music.

I haven't found a way to deal with this, but I recognize it as a problem as
well ... Looping improvs with several loopers are essentially different
from solo loops. I did a couple of live loops with 2 other loopers and we
weren't really happy with the outcome just because of this ... no breaks
etc. I guess it takes a lot of looping improv hours together to find ways
to opening this up, and enabling open spaces and interesting dynamic
changes to happen. Has anyone found good recipes?

Michael Peters

100041.247@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mpeters