Re: tape looping Q's

There are also loop cassettes about, if you look hard.  They used to
be used in some answering machines.  They're fairly short, I think
the longest I've seen is 3 minutes.  I've used them in my Fostex
4-track, which runs at double speed, giving me 4 tracks of 1.5
minute loops.  They're constructed very similarly to an 8-track
tape, with the tape coming out of the center and the perimeter
of the spool.  Not the hardiest of media, I'd rather do it
digitally, but they're pretty cheap if you can find them.

Stew Benedict