Re: HELP REQUEST

At 9:31 AM 3/3/97, Leonardo Cavallo wrote:
>Hi all loopers
>
>I'm new to the world of real time looping. My little experience is based
>on
>the repetitive use of computer sampling, pre recorded DATs and the
>incredible amount of sound layers from my .670ms delay (!!!).
>Now I'm looking for a looping device: a Jamman or an Echoplex.
>I found 2 used jamman but I arrived lately: they were already sold.
>Today I received this message:
>
>---- I have an ehoplex in mint condition with the footswitch.  Solid state
>model from the 70's.  Make me an offer if interested.-----

This is a Maestro Echoplex, a tape delay. It has almost nothing in common
with the Oberheim Echoplex Digital Pro that is often discussed on this
list. The Oberheim echoplex is the one you seem to be looking for, as it is
designed for real-time looping.

As for a Jamman/echoplex comparison, we have the beginnings of such a thing
on the Looper's Delight Web site. It may help you with your decision.

http://www.annihilist.com/loop/tools/Plex_Jamman.html

There is other info about both units on the web site, look it over and see
if it helps.

http://www.annihilist.com/loop/tools/echoplex/echoplex.html
http://www.annihilist.com/loop/tools/jamman/jamman.html

If you still have questions, just ask.....

kim