Re: Living on a rock

On Mon, 1 Jul 1996, Francis Leach wrote:

> Thanks for your letter, Charles Fort!  I'm not "wasting time", as you
> called it, to look for midi files from China that produce something
> exactly or approximately like the classical music of China.

Ah, I see.  Can your midi instruments do just intonation?  Personally,
I think playing just-intonated melodies on equal-temperment western
instruments ruins them.  It really grates on my ears.  Then again, I
listen to a lot of this stuff, so my standards are pretty high.

If you can get the melodies down with just intonation, it can be very
evocative.

-dave

By "beauty," I mean that which seems complete.
Obversely, that the incomplete, or the mutilated, is the ugly.
Venus De Milo.
To a child she is ugly.       /* dstagner@icarus.net */
   -Charles Fort