Re: Ground Contral q&a

about the ground control upgrade:
> Do you know details, such as $cost, how easy to do?
> There might be some 1.x units, (I 've seen some
> store demo units) that might be had rather cheaply
> and then upgraded for less than a new ground control.

from an exchange i had with dmc's josh fiden:

>the ground control upgrade is $20+3.50(shipping). unless you're in
>california, of course, inwhich case you must add $1.65 for tax.
>
>you can mail us a check for $23.50.  or you can call or e-mail a visa or
>mastercard number, including expiration and the name as it appears on the
>card.  don't forget to include your shipping address.

their number is 818 991 3881 (you won't find it in the manual).
address:
5312-J Derry Avenue
Agoura Hills, CA 91301

there's also a memory upgrade (!) for another 20 bucks, that lets you store
360 patches!  (each patch can send out up to 8 simultaneous program change
messages to 8 devices, and can be given an alphanumeric name).

trev:  the pedals feel like a slightly more robust version of a DOD stomp
box - i like it, you can feel them "tap".

digital music corp has a web page which was pretty minimal last time i
looked:
http://www.voodoolab.com

james