No Subject

This is somewhat off topic, but since there have been quite a few posts
about mixers, I'll ask.

I'm forming an eight-piece Top 40 band (guitar, bass, electronic &
acoustic drums, keyboard, three horns and a female vocalist) and I'm
considering running my guitar from a SansAmp PSA-1 preamp (with a volume
pedal and a Vortex) directly into the mixer.  I don't want to use a
speaker cabinet or power amp.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of a setup?

Thanks,
Mark Kata
Mark@asisoftware.com

p.s.  I plan to slip in a loop here and there.