Re: Chapman Stick/Jamman MIDI

At 02:25 PM 3/28/97 PST, you wrote:
>Two questions:
>What is the Chapman Stick?  I see it mentioned around these parts all the
>time, but I have no idea what it is.  Is it just a regular guitar that's
>favored by looper types for some reason, or does it do something
>special?

It's a unique 10 string (sometimes more) instrument - check out any live
shots of Tony Levin (best known(??) proponent of the stick) with King
Crimson or peter Gabriel, etc etc..

You play with a tapping-oriented technique- and the range of the instrument
overlapps guitar and bass and beyond. great invention - search the web -
i'm
sure emmett chapman has a site...

>Also, I'm sure this topic has been covered before, but I want to know
>about a MIDI controller for my Jamman.

web info on ground control midid pedals, midi-mitigator, or several by
digitech are good places to check on.....

andre'>