Re: Sitar-like effect, by accident

>You're right Kim, it's a constant frequency, although the effect does
>vary slightly depending on the strings it's in closest proximity to.
>It seems the bass strings facilitate the best "springy" sound.  I've
>seen Adrian Belew do some interesting effects with a cordless drill
>with King Crimson too.
>
>Stew Benedict

Adrian's drill trick couldn't possilbly be as cool as Paul Gilbert
attaching a bunch of picks to a drill bit and using it to play
really-fast-wheedily-shredder crap. Now that was funny! Great crowd
pleaser. He even got a Makita endorsement for that one. He quit doing it
when he got his hair tangled in the drill during a show. Something to think
about before bringing the power tools out......

kim