Re: Bill Frisell looping device

Thanks for the reply. You said:

>Ive got one of those echoplus pedals.
>
>Here's the scoop:
>
>ECHO+PLUS
>8 SEC DIGITAL DELAY/SAMPLER
>PDS 8000
>Digitech
>
>The device was part of the PDS pedal series made by Digitech in the late
>80's early 90's.  As you can guess, it is not made anymore :-(.
>
>Audio:
>Mono input, mono out
>no info about internal signal processing.
>
>Power:
>10 volt DC negative ground power supply (I use a 9v dc and it works fine)
>or
>9volt battery
>
>Functions in 3 modes:
>Normal- looping or short echoes
>Trigger- initiates a previously recorded sample (sample will loop
>according
>to regen. and delay time settings)
>Sample- Records the desired sample (record only-no play back in this mode)
>
>Capabilities:
>100ms(???) - 8sec delay
>or
>record a sample in sample mode and then trigger the sample in trigger
>mode.
>
>Repeat loop indefinately
>
>Operations and controls:
>From left to right across the top panel of the pedal-
>
>3 way delay time range switch
>toggles between the following delay ranges:
>100ms-500ms, 500ms-2sec, 2sec-8sec
>
>Delay time knob
>has a relative value of 1(least)-10(most) depending on the setting of the
>delay time range switch.
>
>Rengeration knob
>has a range of 1(least)-10(most) repeats of echo or loop.
>
>Mix knob
>allows for wet/dry mix of signal and effect
>ranges 0% effect/100% signal - 100% effect/0% signal
>
>LEDs for Effect on and Repeat on
>
>3 way toggle switch for changing mode
>Normal
>Trigger
>Sample
>
>Output level knob
>
>Input level knob
>
>mono input for signal
>
>mono input for recording sample (trigger input)
>
>mono output
>
>Bypass pedal(effect on/off)
>
>Repeat(hold)/Trigger(initiates recorded sample) pedal
>
>Price new:????
>Used: I got one for $100
>
>Sound quality:  Fine but not high quality
>
>Size: around 5" high, 6" wide and 11/2" deep
>
>Color: blue :-)
>
>I like the user interface.  It is very easy to use.  All of the features
>are right there.  No hunting through menus on a rack device display.  I
>think it is a great low end looping device.  If you are looking for cheap
>looping this would be a great buy.  Easily portable too.
>
>Sincerley,
>
>Hayden Porter
>hporter@UAkron.edu
>

>From what I've heard at the Frisell concert, he could vary the speed and
> [...]
pitch of his loops. He sapled a guitar phrase and then, tweaking the unit
knobs, he could alter the nature of the loop. After the process you could
not say that it was a guitar lick... really impressing. Hayden, do you know
if it's possible with the pedal alone or he was using some other device
that
I missed?

I know that Frisell used a Jamman and some other delay unit, too. One of
these was Boss DD1 (digital delay). Any looping capabilities?

Thanks

Ciao
Leo