Beatnik

Heh, the name "Beatnik" would imply that Thomas D. still is sporting the
goatee...

Alas, the centrism of the Mac community will be its ultimate downfall. :)
Cases like this - Mac-sourced ports - have hardly ever come to fruit, since
Mac developers tend to not go outside their own community when they port
something to the PC platform.  Their assumptions in many cases (from
hardware on down) tend to come off as more an evangelization of the Mac
platform, than what it may or should be.  Otherwise Adobe, etc. would be
doing much better by now.  Typically we on this side of the fence have come
to expect disappointments with respect to ports from Mac platforms, mainly
for this reason.  Which, of course, lends itself to a 'wait and see'
attitude on this side.

Not to dis something before its time, of course, I'd welcome the
opportunity to assist Mr. Dolby in his efforts.  I've been in the PC
community on the development end on down, since 1981, and know a bit about
system processes.  And I've got contacts that have written some
heavy-hitters on the multiple-platform level as well: for instance, the guy
who wrote the software for pen recognition that you use when you sign for a
UPS package?

> I believe that is right. The authoring tools are only mac-based now, with
> plans to release pc-based tools later. The end user plug-ins are
available
> on all platforms.
>
> I am glad to see that the coolest stuff on the net is available for macs
> before pc's for a change,  heh heh......

Then again, I've come to know "PC vs. Mac" arguments as nothing more than
intellectual masturbation. :)  I've worked on Macs as well, going back to
85.  But the business world being what it is, and the PC being what it is,
in their opposite states of change, well, I know what pays the rent.  :)
If I supported just Macs for a living I'd have one here - despite my great
dislike for having Philosophy installed in the hardware. [s]  However, I
remain in an observant frame for this.

Cheers,

Stephen.

PS - Have you ever been to my site?

Stephen Goodman       * Download The Loop Of The Week and more!
EarthLight Studios         * http://www.primenet.com/~sgoodman/Studios