Hexapohic pickups

James Reynolds wrote:

>does anyone happen to know if the roland gk-2 pickup output can in fact be
>used directly as a hexaphonic source, i.e., just rigging up an adapter to
>send the six individual strings wherever one pleases?

Its my understanding that with the gk pickups the hexphonic signal is
multiplexed by the pickup and then sent to the midi converter where it is
de-multiplexed and converted into midi messages.  Please correct me if I am
wrong.

I dont think the gk pickup was designed to be used as a general 6 output
pickup that would allow you to do what you wanted with the 6 output
signals.

I think you would need a general purpose 6 output pickup to do the trick
with the mixer. I have no idea where you are going to find such a pickup
but there has got to be something out there!

Hayden
hporter@uakron.edu