Re: Technique and Looping

>Just hearing your own playing coming back immediately is a great
>education.
>Somehow, when I'm playing I am able to imagine that it sounds pretty good,
>and ignore some of the little mistakes. I can't ignore it when I listen to
>it loop! It gives you instant feedback about the mistakes you didn't even
>realize you were making.

90% of the time I use my JM as a practive aid, usually in 1-shot echo mode
to record phrases and listen to them on the repeat.  It's improved my
playing immeasurably - when you're playing, you're usually too concerned
with what the next note is to worry about how sloppy the last one was.

michael

PS Glad to have you back - I was worried I'd accidentally unsubbed last
week (I posted around the time of the crash)!

Dr Michael Pycraft Hughes      Bioelectronic Research Centre, Rankine Bldg,
Tel: (+44) 141 330 5979        University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, U.K.
    "Wha's like us?  Damn few, and they're a' deid!" - Scottish proverb