Re: VG8

On Mon, 26 May 1997 10:40:38 +0100 pycraft@elec.gla.ac.uk (Dr M. P.
Hughes) writes:

>Can any of you VG8ers tell me if it's possible to simulate guitar-amp
>feedback using the VG8?  I notice there's a feedback FX built-in, but
>how effective is it?  Is this why so many VG8ers run them from
>Sustainer-equipped guitars?

The SDF pedal, the SE-70 and one of the COSM pre-amps have a feedback
effect, but not the VG-8.  The problem I have with this effect is that
it's
mono (no chords) and there's a built in LFO (simulated preset vibrato).
don't have a Sustainer or Sustainiac in my guitar, but my guess is the
players
who do use them for more than amp feedback (I would).  I played my first
show with the VG-8 last week, and got feedback from my monitor that was
controllable and beautiful.

Robert Williams
DERISION