Re: RealTime (was: Bill Frisell looping device)

>I do this all the time with my Digitech RDS-8000 and RDS 1900. I hate
>these
>new fangled, steenkeeng menu-driven hunk-o-crap interfaces! When will the
>manufacturers get it? Realtime, realtime, realtime! Knobs, knobs, knobs!!!

I am fully with you. I discovered a way to call over 30 functions directly
with just 7 keys.

Unfortunatly, the digital machines do not allow simple sample rate change
with a knob to allow the pitch/speed change.

But please consider that taping of the first recording is much more
"realtime" that any knob could be!

Also, my intention was not to "pervert guitar loops" but to allow instant
creating of complex and rhythmically usefull long background patterns out
of clean original sounds from any instrument.

Thats why I never liked the name ECHOPLEX for this unit, its really
different from the old idea.

Matthias