Re: questions for one and all

On 6/4/97 you wrote:

>and now for the big kahuna- what is it that all of us are trying to
>achieve
>by looping? i'm really interested in the sounds coming out of this group.
>Atmospheres? Textures? "Sound Carpets"? Precision Pointillism? Industrial
>Indigestion? or more of the compositional types of multiple loops created
>on
>the fly and then swapped between? in other words a way to build
>traditional
>sections of composition to be arranged. i realize this predates the
>looper's
>cd, but i think it would be cool for us to get an idea of what's going on
>with all this equipment and talent and ...

Personally, I use my two jam men for atmospheric/textural loops. Though at
times
guitar or keyboard arpeggios are slipped in. My partner Steev Geest does
more of the same. We also frequently have loops running and very long
delays at the same time. With 4 jam men between us and a couple shorter
options with the Vortex and the Roland RPS-10 there are many options
available.

Sound Carpets, I like the sound of this. You can check out our site for
some samples of what we do. Or you can order our tape Enormous Swirling
Sound for $5 postpaid in the US. We're constantly laying down new material
and are currently debating hitting a studio with digital multi tacking
equipment.

And we're always improvising to hone our skills for the occassioanl live
gig. Any news on the next Mid-Atlantic Loop Show?

Patrick

 ***  ***    ** Fingerpaint http://www.his.com/~patrick/FNGP.html  ***  **