Re: 4 Sec Delay

>> > I remember one of the bass majors at the UCSD music department used
>one
>> > as part of his graduation recital.  It was neat because he had a
>Persian
>> > rug and did this pseudo meditation/religious invocation act while
>looped
>> > electric bass was flying in the ether.
>> >

>> I wonder if this was Ken Filiano, an older cat with tremendous skills in
>>the jazz & new

Ken an "older cat", gee, he's an old friend of mine, I'll have to tell him
about this. You're right about the trmendous skills part, he's a total
mother on his instrument, and has just gotten better since moving to New
York. I think he's going to be a major player on the scene soon.

>Actually, the best looping show I saw at UCSD was by John Stevens, a
>guitar-playing maniac on the faculty.  He does have a CD out, which I
>hope to get around to writing a review about someday.  Needless to say,
>this CD has less to do with Fripp and occupies the more abrasive end of
>the tonal spectrum.

This sounds very cool, what's the title/label?

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra