Vortex patch

I'm into the Vortex patch swap idea-the rest of y'all should speak up if
it gets annoying.
This is one of my favorites for leads-it's a kind of a ring modulated deal.
Shimmer B
mix- 64
output- 64
mod level- 0
echo level- 64
morph- 16
envelope- 32
echo 1- 2
echo 2- 3
feedback 1- 28
feedback 2-37
rate 1-61
depth 1-61
resonance 1- 4
rate 2- 20
depth 2-59
resonance 2-16

I'm hoping that by swapping our sounds, I'll have a better sense of how to
exploit the
swirly beast. Like, both of the patches folks posted before were for
looping and
involved morphing between series and parallel delays, right? I never
thought of that
before.  It's going to be fun to play with.

This sound here is one of those things where you're going to hear only the
delayed
sound, so tap a musical interval (like, 1 or 2 beats, or a measure,
depenmding on tempo)
and play that much ahead of the rest of what's going on on stage (this
visually freaks
people out too, like a poorly dubbed movie, a bonus  stolen from Henry
Kaiser). You
could get just the modulated sound, instead of just the delayed, but I
like how this
sounds-running the modulated stuff through the echo for the short time
gives it a cool
doubled effect and with a longer tapped time, the 2/3 echo comes into
play.
I like the sound of ring modulation-it's not a sound that's been used much
outside of
academic electronic music-I dig that about the Vortex, almost every show I
do with it,
folks ask me "what was that effect?" becuase they've heard a sound that
they've never
heard live before (like ring modulation or pedal controlled flanging or
echos with the
regeneration pedal controlled)... Also, ring modualtion changes the pitch
relationships
(or is it the harmonic content?) of what I play so, even though I may be
playing a habit
pattern (major scale), what's coming out is something new and different.
Damn I'm lazy
sometimes....

--
Jeff Schwartz