Loop influencing Music: And here's a few top 10 listings of ambient music.

As we know, there are lots of loops in ambient music, so here a few Top
10 listings of ambient music.
If one of these names is new to you, maybe seeing if on three different
top ten lists is a good recommendation?

I'll be checking out Erik Satie, as I've always discribed my music as a
theater set.  Kinda like a stage with furniture on it in which the
listener is invited to create their own story by choosing to notice
whichever musical elements they care to use.

I found these at http://www.fog.com/~erich/HA/index.html

David Kirkdorffer

I suppose we all have top ten lists in the end. These are the ten
pieces/ albums which I consider to be fundamental works in ambient
soundscapes. (I tried to list them chronologically)

1.Erik Satie, Musique de ameublement (Furniture Music)
2.John Cage, Imaginary Landscapes #1
3.John Cage, 4:33
4.Tangerine Dream, Electronic Meditation
5.Steve Hillage, Rainbow Dome Muzik
6.Brian Eno, Music for Airports & Music for Films
7.The Orb, Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld
8.Mixmaster Morris, Flying High
9.Aphex Twin, Selected Ambient Works I&II
10.Pete Namlook, Air I&II

*#1

Here's a list from ambient@umich.edu

1.Music to Films/ FAX
2.Briano Eno/ Thursday Afternoon/ EG
3.Mission into Drums/ Planet Earth
4.Soul Whirling Somewhere/ Eating The Sea/ Projekt
5.Aphex Twin/ Sel. Amb. Works Vol.2/ Sire/Warner
6.Silence/ Omid/Hope/ FAX
7.Vapour Space
8.Vidna Obmana/ Projekt
9.Banco De Gaia/ Sheesha/ Beyond
10.2350 Broadway/ 2/ FAX

*#2

Here's a list from aedCCS@hamp.hampshire.edu

1.Terre Thaemlitz: Tranquilizer
2.Air I & II
3.Silence I & II (esp. II)
4.Muslimgauze: Blue Mosque
5.Robert Fripp/Brian Eno: Evening Star
6.Jon Hassell/Brian Eno: Fourth World Vol. 1 - Possible Musics
7.Harold Budd/Brian Eno: The Plateaux of Mirror
8.Brian Eno: Music For Films
9.Tangerine Dream: Ricochet
10.Psychic T.V. - Kondole 1,2, & 3