Re: Midi standards

At 11:29 AM 8/5/97 -0700, you wrote:
>> From: Kim Flint <kflint@chromatic.com>
>
>> Actually, for that much you could buy a used footpedal that sends just
>about
>> any midi command and could probably handle both units. I got my digitech
>> pmc-10 for $100. It can store 500 presets! It even has a midi in, which
>in
>
>You sure love that PMC-10 don't you Kim??? :-)  Know where I can pick one
>up?

I just found someone selling it online. I bought most of my guitar rack
from
that one guy, actually. And it's not that I find the pmc-10 particulary
lovable, just that it keeps striking me that there's cheap, well-made stuff
floating around out there that's a lot better than most of the things
available new. Most of those talented engineers who worked in the music
industry a few years ago are now making a lot more money designing add-in
multimedia products for pc's. :-)  Sort of like if you had wanted to buy a
ford mustang in 1981, you would have been better off getting one made 10-15
years before that...

>Anyone have any experience using Rocktron's All Access foot controller?
>It
>basically looks like a Bradshaw pedal board with those beefy switches
>(like
>a RAT distortion pedal).  From the brochure I read a few months back if
>sounded pretty sophisticated.

I know several people who have tried every pedal ever created, and they now
use the All Access. It's expensive, but apparently worth it. And the color
is so cool!

kim
Kim Flint                      408-752-9284
Mpact System Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research             http://www.chromatic.com