Re: Guitar good, DJ's bad, etc (was LOOPING PHILOSOPHY)

>On the subject of a hierarchy of expressive instruments:
>
>I'd rather hear Gary Burton on vibes (considered by some of you to be
>less expressive than guitar/sax/etc.) than another bad imitation of
>Jimmy Page on guitar or that awful sax player who couldn't even play
>in tune with that mediocre lite jazz band I saw several years ago.

I don't think anyone can argue with statements such as "I'd rather hear a
really good musician on one instrument than a really bad one on another".

It might be more interesting to compare musicians at the top of the skill
spectrum, rather than at opposing ends.

Travis